There are two major Mercer Island festivals with parades. One of them is coming up July 11th, 2016. There is a parade starting at about 10. Others and I with cameras often to go the parades and enjoy photographing people and things.
If it interests you to pose and be photographed by me or others, note the following:
- The parade often begins near the parking lot of what had been an Albertson’s grocery store. This is about 2 or 3 blocks south of Starbucks and McDonald’s.
- Even if you are not an official participant in the parade, if all you do is wear a costume, others will assume that you are there to enjoy posting and being photographed. If you are there in a costume and if I see you, I would take your photo or ask you if you wish to pose.
- If you act like you are in a costume, you may have similar results, but simply less noticeably.
- If you are in a cheerleader outfit or drill team outfit or anything similar, then, others would tend to take photos of you.
- Mercer Island has another similar parade in about September.